Thursday 26 June 2008

Steamfunk, or The League of Extraordinary Band Names

Is there anyone who, when seeing this comic, didn't immediately google the band to see if they were missing something special? After all, the only reason I read QC now, except for habit, is the bands that get namedropped, especially if I've not heard of them before. This is how I got into Enon, and really I can forgive Jeph Jacques a lot for that, even if his comic is getting interminable.

Anyway, unfortunately, the Society for Creative Rock Anachronism does not exist. But it should exist, and in a just world it would. After all, there's certainly the available instruments.

UPDATE: It is a just world, after all.

1 comment:

monkphin said...

Not sure if you still update this or not, but on a quasi related note - Vernian Process

Not listened to them so I have no idea if they are much cop - but yes, steampunk inspired bands abound.